Satyrs and Scythians: Kickstarter läuft
Es gibt neue Plastikmodelle auf Kickstarter.
We are aiming to produce a 4×6 mold to create hard plastic Satyrs and a 6×9 mold to produce Scythians and Amazons. If we hit final stretch goals, we will be able to round out everything with Scythian horses. These will be 32mm scale (aka heroic 28mm).
What Will You Get With Your Pledge?
$1 – I Want to Keep My Options Open Tier
- For a dollar, back us during the campaign and choose what boxes or formats you’d like your miniatures at a later time, through Backerkit.
$15 – Single Pack of STL Files
- Choose from one of the Satyrs, the Scythians or the Fauns and Centaur packs to receive the digital, non-commercial, print at home files. Includes the horse files if unlocked.
$20 – Single Box of Miniatures
- Choose from either the Satyrs (32 minis), the combined Scythians and Amazons (32 minis of each for 64 in total), the Fauns (24 minis) or the Centaurs (12 minis) and receive one box of miniatures.
$35 – I Want to Print Some Stuff, I cannot Lie
- Get all four packs of STL files for your own personal, print at home use! These will use files from our Faun and Centaur kickstarters, as well the Scythian (Amazon) and Satyr collections.
$40 – Progressive Miniature Tier (revised edition)
- Choose any two boxes (mix and match) from Satyrs (32 minis), the Scythians and Amazons (32 minis of each for 64 in total), the Fauns (24 minis) or the Centaurs (12 minis). If the next stretch goal unlocks, you get an additional box of your choice and the option of the Horses as well. If you pledge $20 more, we will unlock four boxes of your choice regardless. $60=4, $120=8.
By popular demand, these boxsets have been added as choices.
$60 – Warband Option (Forest Warhost and the Centaurs of Attention)
- Choose from either four boxes of Fauns (a total of 104 miniatures!) or four boxes of Centaurs (48 Centaurs and 24 Fauns) to make your own warband.
If you would prefer to mix and match from a sampler perspective, feel free to let us know in Backerkit after kickstarter ends.
Backers at any level can gain access to our Backerkit survey when the Kickstarter ends. This will let you add as many extra miniatures and files as you’d like, at Kickstarter prices.
Backbone Info of the Scythians and Amazons
For the Scythians, we wanted to spin the typical horse archer formula by doing Scythian infantry. In most cases, people would view Scythians as horse lords and bowmen, but miniature manufacturers didn’t always take into account the vital role Scythian infantry played in its history; during times of crisis, every member of the tribe would have to step up or pay the price of failure at the baggage train.
Types of Armor
You might also be noticing, this Scythian isn’t wearing pants. The Scythians were a people who loved comfy pants on horseback, and strolls along the Black Sea. So great were these pants that they converted tunic loving Greek colonists over to their side. But, imagine with me: a people who lived among Greeks, Macedonians, and Thracians, would they too embrace the „manly“ tunic?
Examples of heads
We wanted to imagine a people who lived among Greeks, Macedonians, and Thracians, so we pushed ourselves to design armor that challenges the preconceived notions of Scythian outfits, while also bringing out classics we’ve come to know them by.
Please note: Arms will be modified to a neutral style, so mixing and matching will be easier on you as the modeler.
This is where our Amazons come into play; influenced by the Greek and Scythian worlds, these women will fight right alongside their Scythians allies on the 6×9 mold – This will allow us to make 4 miniatures, using a variety of poses.
Heads and torsos will feature leader type torsos, common helms and open helmed options to create young initiates or battle hardened leaders.
We will be combining the Scythians and Amazons together on sprues and in boxes – meaning that your $20 pledge nets you a double box with 64 models – 32 of the Scythians and 32 of the Amazons. Options will include classical pants, tunics, plenty of helmets, swords, spears, bows, axes and more! All of this of which unlocks at our goal of $6,000.
In the long run, provided we reach final stretch goals, these miniatures will be transferrable to a Scythian horse sprue.
Scythian horses will use an interchangeable 4 pose system, and a mix and match head set to improve the options of „bling“ that you might associate to the individual personalization of Scythian horses.
Backbone Info of the Satyrs
The Satyrs were originally a creation during the Fauns Kickstarter. RGD GAMING set out to create a robust beast to contrast with our more nimble looking Fauns. The aim of the Satyr project overall is to create a race of followers whom enjoy a drunken tour of country sides, ready to pierce, smash and stab those in its way. On the table top, this may be represented as bestial like berserkers or tribal warriors.
The original concept for our Satyrs took off during our first kickstarter. Due to overwhelming demand from past backers, we wanted to bring them to the plastic realm, as they miss their beastmen cousins.
Die Kampagne läuft noch 12 Tage.