Mantic: Weiterer Umbrella Academy Teaser
Mantic zeigen einen neuen teaser zu ihrem Brettspiel zu The Umbrella Academy.
Today is the final instalment of our thrilling Christmas blogs. What’s been your favourite so far and what are you most looking forward to? Check out the full list below to see what you may have missed over the past couple of weeks.
- December 27th – Ronnie’s review of 2021, plus a special digital discount code. You can read that here.
- December 28th – Armada in 2022, including Salamanders and new dwarf fliers. Read that here.
- December 29th – Brush with Death returns! Find out how to enter here.
- December 30th – OverDrive in 2022, including alternate cards and new players. Read that here.
- December 31st – Supporting gaming clubs in 2022. Read that here.
- January 1st – The Walking Dead – some sad news as we announce the end of the range.
- January 2nd – Firefight: Second Edition. Plenty of news here.
- January 3rd – Deadzone. Check that out here.
- January 4th – Kings of War. See the new Empire of Dust here.
- January 5th – The Umbrella Academy: The Board Game
So, onto Umbrella Academy then. We actually teased Umbrella Academy: The Board Game way back in 2019 and we realise it’s gone a bit quiet since then. However, the great news is that we’ve been busy working away in the background and can reveal some of the first details about this exciting addition to the Mantic catalogue.
First up, we’re pleased to announce we’ve worked with the award-winning River Horse Games to design The Umbrella Academy. We’ve got a long history with Alessio Cavatore – after he created the rules for Kings of War – and we’re delighted to be working with him once again for The Umbrella Academy. As well as making fantastic wargames, like Kings of War, Alessio has made some incredibly popular board games too – including The Labyrinth, Dark Crystal and Pacific Rim.
Inspired by the world-famous graphic novels by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá, The Umbrella Academy tasks you with one simple thing… stopping the apocalypse. Each turn you must work together to defeat hazards that threaten to destroy different locations across the city. If too many locations are devastated then it’s game over – so you’ll need to use your abilities wisely.
River Horse has done a fantastic job of creating a really fun co-operative game for 1-5 players that’s easy to learn, but offers a challenge if you want to defeat the nefarious super villains trying to thwart your plans. It combines card and miniature gaming to great effect, thanks to some incredibly detailed plastic minis of iconic characters like Space Boy, Kraken, Rumor, Séance and Number Five.
The Umbrella Academy: The Board Game will be heading to a crowdfunding platform near you in early 2022. Make sure you’re signed up to the Mantic newsletter to hear more as we near the launch.
Quelle: Mantic Games