Tabletop Workshop: Gaming Boards Buch
Michael ist wieder auf Kickstarter unterwegs und in seinem zweiten Buch geht es um ganze Spielfelder.
Welcome back! After the successful Kickstarter campaign ‘Tabletop terrain from XPS foam: Buildings’ and delivery of the book by Gerard Boom and myself to more than 2.000 backers, my next large-scale project is approaching. This will be a single volume demonstrating everything required to design and produce unique gaming boards!
Whether you are new to the tabletop hobby or a long-time fan, inexperienced or skilled in crafting and modelling, you’ll find detailed, step-by-step guidelines of how to create atmospheric terrain and inspiring gaming boards!
Special feature: All tutorials are fully modular and always offer an assortment of possibilities! Do you want to build an exciting game board ready to play on within a few days? Or you do have more free time to make a more complex and impressive gaming surface? We have all options covered, so you can choose the tutorials, tips and tricks that best fit your time and budget.
This book is the sum of knowledge and experience acquired from over six years, and more than 400 videos of Tabletop Workshop (TWS), one of the biggest German-language tabletop channels on YouTube. Additionally, four great terrain builders share their exclusive insights, techniques and tips in extensive guest contributions from Marcus “der Müller” Müller, Philipp Preiser aka Tabletop Lenny, Lachlan Linton-Keane from Zorpazorp Gaming and Jeremy Pillipow from Black Magic Craft.
Pledge now for this brand-new 200-page A4 sized book – available in English and German – and get a substantial discount on the later retail price of 55€: This Kickstarter campaign will save you 10% when simply selecting a regular pledge now – or you can save 20% by choosing a limited Early Bird pledge. There are also numerous free stretch goals available in the campaign, such as high-quality MDF and cardboard components available for free with your pledge. Scroll down to find out more!
Das sind die Pledges:
Die 5 Bereiche des Buches:
1. Detailed knowledge of materials: Many materials can be used for terrain building, and these do not need to be expensive products. Learn all about the most useful components and how you can best work with them to produce stunning effects – including realistic water effects and LED lighting.
2. Professional use of tools: Good tools are a big help, but there is a knack to achieving great results with them. You’ll discover many detailed tips and techniques for each important hobby tool, from the simple and ubiquitous craft knives and brushes to more complex tools like airbrushes, hot wire cutters and 3D printers.
3. Colorful painting guide: To get the perfect result for your new terrain pieces on your gaming board you’ll have to learn how to paint them. Painting is an extremely important skill to master but you’ll learn how to achieve breathtaking results with simple and easy techniques. This will also include how to use oil paints, pigments and special painting methods to add spectacular highlights.
4. Modular terrain tutorials: Detailed step-by-step instructions are the heart of this book, explaining everything you need to build any type of tabletop terrain and create complete gaming boards. All tutorials are fully modular and always present a variety of options enabling you to choose the ones that best fit your time and budget.
5. The perfect gaming boards for you: In the book’s grand finale, you’ll learn how to apply all your new or advanced knowledge and get additional tips to build fantastic gaming boards for any tabletop or board game genre you play. You can once again expect richly illustrated step-by-step instructions and modular tutorials that will fit to any schedule and budget.
Die Stretch Goals:
This campaign starts with a 200-page book. By funding this project and unlocking several stretch goals many more pages may be added. Moreover, there will be free MDF and cardboard components for you to upgrade your terrain pieces … so stay tuned! The first stretch goals will be revealed tomorrow: in the afternoon on Friyday, July 16th.
All MDF and cardboard components are created in close collaboration with Dungeon of Fitz, a German design and terrain construction company. More of these components and other terrain sets can be purchased on demand in the pledge manager which will be available a few weeks after the end of this campaign.
Infos zum Versand gibt es auch:
The shipping fee will be added automatically to your pledge, depending on your country – see the table below. Shipping is worldwide with DHL including tracking.
Please note: This Kickstarter campaign is EU friendly and your pledge on Kickstarter covers your reward and shipping fee. The country-specific VAT and other taxes or import fees collected by the local authorities are not included! It is possible that you’ll have to pay these charges to the courier or local custom services.
Und Infos zum Team:
My name is Michael Martin and I am a German video games journalist and the author of more than 15 official strategy guides for video games. In 2015 I was co-founder of the YouTube channel Tabletop Workshop (TWS), and I have been running the channel on my own since 2018. Currently there are more than 400 video tutorials, reviews and reports available. I am also the designer, developer and producer of MODULAR DUNGEON, a multifaceted terrain system with a successful launch via a Kickstarter campaign in 2017. Three campaigns followed, each presenting an increasing range of new modules – and all sets were delivered in good time.
One of my latest projects was collaborating with Gerard Boom (Shiftinglands) on the 232-page book ‘Tabletop terrain from XPS foam: Buildings’; this book was successfully funded via Kickstarter in October 2019 and delivered to over 2.000 backers in February 2021.
I also run workshops all over Germany teaching how to build flexible multilevel dungeons and richly detailed tabletop terrain.
Andrea Schulz (Art Direction and Layout), Steve Cresswell (Translation) and Martina Hornung (Copy Editing and Translation) have already worked on the book ‘Tabletop terrain from XPS foam: Buildings’. We are a well-practiced and experienced team, and they are supporting me again in the production of this new book on Gaming Boards.
In addition, four great terrain builders are providing extensive guest contributions in the book: Marcus “der Müller” Müller, Philipp Preiser aka Tabletop Lenny, Lachlan Linton-Keane from Zorpazorp Gaming and Jeremy Pillipow from Black Magic Craft.