Green Wolf Studios: Cadian Officer Kickstarter
Der Kickstarter zur Finanzierung eines Offiziers des Astra Militarum im Maßstab 1:6 aus dem Warhammer 40.000 Universums von Green Wolf Studios ist gestartet.
Warhammer 40,000 Cadian Officer
The first ever officially licensed Warhammer 40,000 Astra Militarum Cadian Officer produced in 1:6th Scale
About this Project
As long time fans of Warhammer 40k we have always had a fascination with the uniforms and equipment on each of Games Workshop’s Astra Militarum miniature game figures. Throughout the years we have always wondered „what would they look like in full scale?“. If you have ever asked yourself that question, the answer is finally here and you can now find out! The great thing about producing figures in 1:6th scale is that it allows us to upscale and downscale items to what they would look like in the full scale albeit at 30cms tall. Some of you will be new to the world of 1:6th scale collecting so we have provided the below image to give you an idea what we’re talking about.
With this being a licensed product, Games Workshop has been fully immersed in this project since concept and throughout prototyping, With their creative team viewing, making recommendations and approving each and every part throughout this process, you can be sure that what we produce will be produced to Games Workshop specifications and will give Warhammer 40K fans and collectors a collectable figure that is a faithful representation of an Astra Militarum Cadian Officer.
All resin parts on the figure have been designed by our own 3d Designer who has worked on many off our figures and accessories. He has previously worked on other licenses designing collectables based on major Hollywood productions. When it comes to 3D design you wont find better than him.
As this is a completely new lineup of figures, Kickstarter gives us the opportunity to gauge production numbers for this figure and any possible follow on figures. Should our funding goal be exceeded it allows us to unlock our Stretch goals, these rewards are exciting Cadian Accessories which we might not otherwise be able to produce. More about stretch goals further on in our story. Kickstarter also gives backers the opportunity to engage with our company during the build process while we share with you details on build, packing and design right up until delivery of your very own figure (or figures!).
Why a Cadian Officer?
Cadian Shock Troops are perhaps the most famous and respected of all the Astra Militarum forces. There could be no better choice for us to bring to 1:6th scale than these iconic heroes of the Imperium – and one of their unwavering officers, with the wide variety of weapons and equipment available to him felt like the perfect place to start. We have plenty of ideas for possible future figures, but for us, there was never any doubt about who to make first! Pictured below is some of the other exciting extras we have been working on which will be available after kickstarter as expansion packs for your Cadian officer. You will be able to alter the setup and display your figure in multiple ways.
Additional add on items.
- Officer’s head (required for correct helmet fitting)
- Officer’s helmet
These items will be available to purchase once we send out our survey to collate your delivery details.
About Green Wolf Studios
Our company produces collectables and not toys and our slogan „Precision with Passion“ remains as important to us today as it did when we first started. We are 100% committed to creating high end collectables and our high level of attention to detail is visible in all of our products. We also launched the first successfully funded 1:6th scale collectable action figure on Kickstarter back in 2017, since then we have produced several other 1:6 scale collectable action figures and accessories so we have a great deal of experience in 1:6th scale production. Our GALACTAC figure pictured below centre (no longer in production) was our first production figure and a pristine boxed figure in original packaging has already nearly tripled in value in only 3 years.
Each figure will consist of the following parts.
- 1 x Officer’s headsculpt with bionic eye
- 1 x Officer’s hat
- 1 x Neck gorget
- 1 x Chest and back armour
- 1 x Left & right shoulder armour
- 1 x Belt and buckle
- 1 x Trousers (Pants)
- 1 x Jacket
- 1 x Chainsword
- 1 x Las pistol and removable magazine
- 1 x Las pistol holster
- 1 x Las pistol magazine pouch
- 1 x Spare Las pistol magazine (fits in Las pistol magazine pouch)
- 1 x Water canteen
- 1 x Water canteen pouch
- 1 x Bayonet
- 1 x Bayonet sheath
- 2 x Grenades
- 1 x Pair of leather boots
- 1 x Set of ankle putties complete with armour
- 2 x Pairs of hands (for holding a multitude of weapons)
- Each Kickstarter backer will receive a specially commissioned artwork sleeve for their product box (we will keep backers informed on design after the Kickstarter campaign has ended and before delivery)
- 1 x Commissioned artwork content card, reverse side will contain a check list of all contents and accessories included within your reward (size A5, shown on left)
- 1 x Certificate of Authenticity (size A5)
Why should I back this?
You will be backing a small, passionate team to produce a piece of Warhammer 40,000 history. This is the first ever 1:6th scale Astra Militarum collectable action figure, and as a Kickstarter backer you will receive it in unique packaging which will add to the figure’s collectability. We have poured our hearts into making the finest possible figure for you, and with your support we hope to move on to produce more Warhammer characters which have never appeared in this format before.
Each time a stretch goal is unlocked each backer will receive that reward for their figure at no extra charge.
What Funds will be used for?
1:6th Scale figures are expensive to produce with a high proportion of the costs being the injection moulds. A number of moulds will be needed to produce the amount of highly detailed parts required in this project. Any additional funding will go to producing other items that may not otherwise have been produced.
- Launch Kickstarter 6th October 2020
- Kickstarter complete 5th November 2020
- Start mould preparation and production October/November 2020 (60 days lead time)
- January/February 2021 test moulds for any defects and repair if necessary
- Mid February 2021 Chinese New Year (work halts China wide for a period of 2-3 weeks)
- March 2021 factory paints test moulded parts (1st quality assurance inspection)
- April 2021 factory now kicks into production mode and commences work on all parts (2nd quality assurance inspection take place throughout production)
- Mid May 2021 production complete and final assembly into packaging (3rd quality assurance inspection)
- Late May 2021 items prepared and sent to the UK by sea freight.
- We then need to wait for the ship and container to reach the UK normal sailing time from China to UK 25 – 30 days
- Goods inspected and custom checks completed and delivered to our warehouse (goods will be inspected on arrival for any damage once in our warehouse and before delivery commences)
- Deliveries to backers commence June 2021 with all backers rewards sent out by mid July 2021
Production and Delivery
Our top priority is the timely completion of this project and delivery to backers, we have scheduled to have the product completed by early May 2021 and commence deliveries in June 2021.
Due to the current pandemic shipping costs for several regions have significantly increased due to lack of air travel. These prices should return to normal as the global situation improves. To minimize costs for our backers, we will not be charging the current higher shipping rates at the time of pledging. We are already slowly starting to see shipping costs return to normality for those regions as air travel increases.
Accurate shipping rates and any Taxes will be calculated and charged towards the end of the campaign before we ship out to our supporters. We have partnered with BackerKit who will be managing this and will be in contact via email.
Note: The above shipping costs are estimated and based on current rates. We will provide you with the the fastest fully trackable service so once the figure leaves our warehouse you can track its progress direct to to your address.
Risks and challenges
With the current ongoing COVID-19 health pandemic we cannot guarantee that shipping and production won’t be affected in the event of another lockdown but every effort is being made to add time and consideration into the production schedule to minimise any impacts on delivery should this happen. We will communicate with our Kickstarter community if anything does arise.
Die Kampagne umfasst drei Pledge-Level, einmal 180,00 GBP für einen einzelnen Offizier, 360,00 GBP für zwei Figuren, oder 540,00 GBP für drei Figuren.
Das Finanzierungsziel liegt bei 65.000,00 GBP bei einer Laufzeit bis zum 5. November 2020.