Crooked Dice: Corporate Wars Kickstarter
Der neue Kickstarter von Crooked Dice, Corporate Wars – 28mm Near Future Miniatures, ist gestartet.
Corporate Wars – 28mm Near Future Miniatures
Bringing back some classic retro white metal cyberpunk and street fighting miniatures!
BRINGING BACK THE CLASSICS!
With this campaign, Crooked Dice hope to fund the production of over forty classic NEAR FUTURE & CYBERPUNK miniatures sculpted by the late Jim Bowen.
These miniatures were part of the Corporate Wars and Golgo Island miniature ranges previously produced by East Ridings Miniatures. They closed their doors last year to enjoy a much deserved retirement, so Crooked Dice would now like to bring these retro classics back to the gaming and miniature collecting community. Rewards will include:
- Over 40 highly detailed 28mm white metal miniatures. Sculpts for the core pledges are from the late Jim Bowen.
- If we are successful, we have a number of stretch goals that include freebies and add-ons of even more figure sculpts by Kev White, Mark Evans, Tim Prow, Shane Hoyle, Bob Olley, Steve Saunders, Kev Adams and Tom Meier.
- All miniatures will be cast in white metal. All miniatures are supplied unpainted.
THE HISTORY OF EAST RIDING MINITAURES & CORPORATE WARS
These figures were the staple of cyberpunk and near-future tabletop gaming in the early nineties. Here’s a word from Tony Barr, former owner of East Ridings Miniatures to explain how he and sculptor Jim orginally conceived the concept:
„Jim came up with the idea and approached me with it. I recalled an SF short story in which various corporations competed on the battlefield as well as in the boardroom and the proposed range fitted in well with the idea.
While it felt a little far-fetched at the time we could both see both the potential and real-world trend. That figures in such a range could also serve as proxies for other games was a major bonus and convinced me of the viability of the concept.
Jim started with the Slicks and we worked on from there. All very successful, but then, out of the blue, Jim passed away leaving me with the rights but a sudden end to the project.“
All miniatures are 28mm scale. This means they are 28mm from the base of the foot to eye – so stand approximately 32mm tall. Comparable ranges are Hasslefree, Copplestone and Artizan. Almost all original sculpts come with integrated bases, but will be supplied with 25mm slottabases unless otherwise stated.
Earthquake pictured on 40mm base – all other models on 25mm bases.
There are a range of pledges plus a chance to get all the miniatures in the campaign at a discount. We also hope to unlock further add-ons and freebies packs as the campaign progresses. There are FIVE simple pledges to choose from. During the pledge manager you will be able to choose the same gang multiple times if you wish:
- CORPORATE DRONE – just show your support and crooked love!
- ONE SET – Choose one Gang – seven to eight miniatures cast in white metal.
- TWO SETS – If you need some opponents then choose two of the gangs – PLUS all FREE stretch goals!
- THREE SETS – Choose three gangs – that’s up to 24 white metal miniatures PLUS all FREE stretch goals!
- ALL-IN PLEDGE – one of each gang – that’s 22 miniatures – PLUS all FREE Stretch goals – PLUS the following Add-Ons rewards – regardless of them being unlocked: Alpha-Zorgl (1); Cyborg Killers (2); Earthquake (1); Kill Squad (4); Street Fighters (4), Fighting Monks (4), ), End of Level Bosses (2) – that’s 40 white metal minis in total!
There’s always room for some extra rewards! So as a thank you to our loyal backers, we have some extra sculpts that will hopefully get unlocked along the way. At key milestones, your contributions will unlock:
- FREE models for all TWO SET pledge backers and above
- paid ADD-ONs for new miniature packs to add to your base pledge
- 2k – FUNDED! Thank you for all your support!
- 4k – UNLOCKED! ADD ON – Alpha Zorgl sculpted by Bob Olley. Just add £6 to your pledge to include this white metal model in your rewards.
- 6k – LOCKED! FREE – Max Konigstiger – sculpted by Shane Hoyle. Free to all Two Set backers and above.
- 8k – LOCKED! ADD ON – Street Fighters sculpted by Kev White, Kev Adams and Steve Saunders. Just add £15 to your pledge to include these four white metal model in your rewards.
- 10k – LOCKED! FREE – El Bastardo sculpted by Tim Prow. Free to all Two Set backers and above.
- 12k – LOCKED! ADD ON – Warrior Monks sculpted by Mark Evans. Just add £15 to your pledge to include these four white metal model in your rewards.
- AND MORE TO COME…
HOW TO INCLUDE PAID ADD-ONS
As new Add-Ons get unlocked, they will be added to each pledge level as optional extras. Purchasing these helps drive the funding total higher and unlocks more goodies! Don’t forget that you can also over-pledge for any – OR ALL – of the Add-Ons right now!
To include any Add-Ons follow the instructions below – ideally using Option One.
OPTION ONE: ADD ON LIST – ALWAYS USE THIS IF YOU CAN!
You will find Add-Ons listed under the Manage Your Pledge/Change Your Pledge buttons. Simply pick the items you would like and it will add up the final pledge value for you – easy!
Included here are new packs for folks who just want to mix and match. Plus we will add more packs as we unlock stretch goals during the campaign.
So, for backers who just want to purchase single packs – just follow the instruction above to add these to your pledge to get these rewards.
These packs of miniatures are already in production, but can be added to your rewards – as can the value of any items from the Crooked Dice website.
WHO ARE CROOKED DICE?
Crooked Dice Game Design Studio has been part of the wargaming hobby since 2010. We specialise in wargames rules and 28mm miniatures inspired by the many and varied iconic worlds of Cult TV. We have a range of over 1200 miniatures and an extensive selection of resin terrain and vehicles. We also publish the 7TV series of wargames. These fun and flexible skirmish rules allow you to recreate any type of cinematic action on the tabletop.
We have set our initial funding target at £2000 which will cover production costs for new moulds and the casting of miniatures.
Kickstarter has been chosen as a way to help fund production of this set of miniatures. We have found that successful funding via Kickstarter is the quickest way to deliver more products than if we used our traditional release schedule.
So simply more stuff, much faster! Plus the reach of Kickstarter is huge, and a community in itself, so we hope it will introduce Crooked Dice to a whole new audience.
We are lucky enough to work with some very talented folks and this project would not have been possible without them.
- Figure sculpts provided by Jim Bowen, Kev White, Mark Evans, Tim Prow, Shane Hoyle, Bob Olley, Steve Saunders, Kev Adams, Leandro Ventic and Tom Meier.
- Photography by Callum France and Kevin Dallimore.
- Scenery built by Grimsforge.
- The painting of display models (sorry folks – the minis all come unpainted) has been brought to you by the talents of Simon Bradley, Callum France and Mystic Spirals.
- Plus a huge thanks to Tony Barr of East Ridings Miniatures for letting us give this classic range a new home.
This is how the production schedule will run for this campaign:
- August 2022 – Kickstarter campaign
- September 2022 – Pledge Manager
- October 2022 – Delivery of physical rewards
As a long standing mail order business with a successful web store, we ship packages all over the world, every day. So you can rest assured that your parcels are in good hands and will reach you safely.
We always try and charge a flat rate – or pack in multiple parcels if cheaper for you – but as I am sure you have you may be aware shipping costs have risen significantly in the last couple of years – especially to Rest of the World and the USA.
The shipping will be added AFTER the Kickstarter, so is not included in your pledge. Shipping costs will be calculated by weight and size of your pledge plus any variables that you may add in the webstore. Where this requires multiple small parcels to fulfill, additional costs may be required.
Crooked Dice are not responsible for any additional shipping, handling or custom charges.
Risks and challenges
Crooked Dice is a successful manufacturer of miniatures and rules, so we have over a decade of experience of designing and producing models. This will be our eleventh kickstarter – with all previous campaigns delivered successfully. Casting of all white metal figures will be completed by Griffin Moulds who are renowned for the high quality and ability to deliver on schedule, and have strong and established working relationships with Crooked Dice. All figures have already been mastered to ensure the highest quality standards, and are ready for production casting as soon as the campaign closes. In the case of any delays outside our control – please be assured that your money is in safe and professional hands, and you will be updated regularly as to the situation.
Die Kampagne läuft noch bis zum 14. August 2022.