Valhalla Miniatures: Kickstarter endet
Die letzten 24 Stunden sind für einen Kickstarter für nordische Miniaturen angebrochen.
High quality, 32mm Resin or Metal Valhalla miniatures and Files for 3D Printing in 32 and 75 mm scale.
Hey everyone, and welcome to Valhalla!
For those of you who are familiar with my job, thanks very much for coming back! It is a pleasure to be back presenting my latest project.
If this is the first time you come across one of my projects, let me introduce myself. My name is Claudia, and I am a digital sculptor with a great passion for my job/hobby. I’ve got a vast experience in video game and board game design, and I love to share my work here in Kickstarter.
If you haven’t heard, I am a big big fan of Norse mythology, and that’s why I’m coming back today with a new Kickstarter around that theme. I find these characters and their stories to be enchanting, and that is why I love making sculptures of them. Also, the mystery and history that revolve around this mythology have no equal, and that is the reason I cherish my characters stories so much.
My first Kickstarter about Nordic mythology was “Norse Goddesses”, made up of 6 models of Viking goddesses of my choice and an extension with another 2 Goddesses , which you can still get with this new project if you want to get the whole collection.
This time I’m bringing you “Valhalla” which is, in simple words, the heaven of Norse mythology. This set is composed by 4 Nordic Gods and 5 Valkyries. My idea for this project was to give life to the Norse gods in a different way that commercial media usually show them. I wanted to make a more personal approach to the design.
These models are all, of course, of my own creation and interpretation. These designs were created exclusively for this Kickstarter, you won’t find them elsewhere.
They are ideal for gamers, painters and collectors. They will be released as both an STL-file for 3D printing, and as a physical copy cast in resin or metal.
As mentioned before, in this occasion you can get the new 9 characters of Valhalla, and also the original 10 of Norse Goddesses.
Valhalla is the hall where the god Odin houses the dead whom he considers worthy of resting with him. There, the brave warriors get to rest and feast. The warriors are hand-picked by the Valkyries, who take them to Valhalla where they can prepare for the final battle of the Ragnarök.
- Valkyries are female creatures that had the job of collecting the brave souls of warriors who died in battle. They bring these souls to Odin, in Valhalla . But the Valkyries are warriors themselves, they prepare for the day they will fight on the final battle of the Ragnarök (the end of the world).
- The name of this Valkyrie, Herja, means devastation or “the devastating one”. She was known to be a fearless warrior who once defeated more than 10 thousand enemies in battle all by herself. Although she might seem like any other Valkyrie out there, she has earned the trust of the gods because of her determination on the battlefield.
- Gondull is known as the “magic wand waver” because of how lethal she is with her wand. The prophecy says that when Ragnarök arrives, Gondull will be the one who take the life away from Hel, the underworld goddess. She is one of the Valkyries that fulfills one of the most important roles in the end of the world.
- As it is well known, Loki is the trickster god of Norse mythology. He has three children with the giantess Angrboda: Hel, the goddess guardian of hell; Fenrir, the monstrous wolf who is to kill Odin; and Jormungandr, the dragon snake who lives in the ocean that surrounds Midgard. He is a shape-shifter, who sometimes is playful and sometimes malicious with his actions, always tricking and confusing the other gods.
- She was known for defeating whole armies by herself, which gain her the name of spear goddess. This Valkyrie is the bearer and guardian of Gungnir, a spear that originally belongs to Odin. The spear symbolizes dominance and victory, and it’s said that it never fails. Odin gave her the spear so that she could lead the army of the Valkyries to victory.
- He is the vigilant guardian of the gods’ stronghold, Asgard. He lives in a place called Himinbjörg that means “Sky Cliffs”, which sits at the top of Bifrost, the rainbow bridge that leads to Asgard. Whenever intruders approach the Asgard, he sounds his horn Gjallarhorn. Also, he is meant to kill Loki when the Ragnarök arrives, preventing him from entering into Asgard.
- Brunilda is the commander of the Valkyries. She is also, in some versions, the daughter of the King of gods, Odin. In these stories she is punished by Odin for betraying him, andlocked in a tower waiting to be rescued by a man. But it turns out that this man betrays her, and she becomes a great symbol of vengeance.
- Njord is one of the principal gods of the Vanir tribe of deities. He’s also an honorary member of the Aesir gods, having been sent to them during the Aesir-Vanir War. He lives in Nóatún, which means “The Place of Ships”, and is associated with the sea, seafaring, wind, fishing, wealth, and crop fertility.
As I mentioned before, in this opportunity you can get the physical models or the digital files.
Physical Models: The casting company is Kazrak Miniatures, which has a great trajectory and experience in manufacturing high quality miniatures. They can come in both Metal and Resin, and the scale of the models is 32 mm (Hero scale).
Digital Models: You get the STL files, and I’ve applied a good amount of time to ensure that the details are deep and thick enough for almost any 3D printer, each sculpt is free of undercuts or any other problems. The miniatures are ready to print in 32 and 75 mm scale but you can modify the size when you print them without any problem..
The pieces for 3D printing are pre-supported and tested. The examples shown in the pictures are a 3D print, made with a home-printer.
3d Print of Geiravor, Painted by the great artist Angel Giraldez.
3D Printing Valhalla Models
Miniature painting by Alekxandrosp
Valkyrie painting by Alinda Sciaroni-Kiel
Resin models of Norse Goddesses
- Thor is, as we all know, the Norse god of thunder and lighting, but he is also known as the most loyal and honorable warrior. His physical strength is virtually unmatched, and that is why he is the protector of the land of the gods. His most famous possession is his hammer, Mjöllnir. Thor’s particular enemy is Jormungand, the enormous sea serpent who encircles Midgard, and they face each other many times, until their final battle during Ragnarök, where they are destined to kill each other.
- The name Gunnr means battle on old Norse. She is one of the most powerful and battler-drawn Valkyries, and she often appears in old Nordic poems riding a big wild wolf. In some versions, she is the lost daughter of Thor with a human woman, which means she possesses the power of a demigod.
To learn more about my previous project, Norse Goddesses, visit: Norse Goddesses
- Eir is the Viking Goddess of healing and health, but she is also a Valkyrie. She had control over life and death, and was revered as a life giver.
- Freyja is one of the main goddesses in Viking mythology. She is the goddess of love, fertility, beauty, and fine material possessions. She’s known for being the “party-girl” of the gods, but she can also be a fearless warrior.
- Frigg is the Queen of Asgard and the highest of the goddesses. She’s the wife of Odin, the leader of the gods. She is the goddess of motherhood and marriage.
- Gna, this Viking goddess was one of the Asynjur and served as the messenger of the female nature deity Frigga.
- Gullveig was a practitioner of seidr magic. She was known as the starter of the war between Aesir and Vanir gods.
- Hel is a giantess and goddess that take place as the caretaker in the underworld of the dishonorable dead in Norse mythology. She is the daughter of the trickster god Loki.
- Ràn is one of the most often-mentioned giants in Norse mythology. She represents the more sinister aspects of the ocean and sea, like its fury.
- Sif is the Viking goddess of Earth and the wife of Thor, the thunder god. Sif was a loyal wife and the symbol of fidelity and fertility.
Die Kampagne ist bereits finanziet und läuft noch 24 Stunden.
Quelle: Valhalla Miniatures