Cultistorm: Kickstarter läuft
Es gibt mal wieder einen Brettspiel-Kickstarter!
For us Cultistorm is an expression of our respect and love for Lovecraft. It’s more than just an ordinary board game. Our subject choice wasn’t motivated by business reasons, but a very deep commitment to the work and heritage of H.P. Lovecraft. We would like to create a great board game to those who know and love Lovecraft, and we would like to make Lovecraft’s work known to those who are board game fans.
Cultistorm is a higly interactive cooperative game for 3-5 (1-6 with expansions) players.
We wanted to create a unique cooperative gaming experience and game mechanic where every player is equally needed, where nobody can become an alpha player and repress the others and nobody is left out of planning and fighting.
Cultistorm can be played in numerous ways:
- The cooperative version of the game, we recommend as the default base game, is an intense very interactive 75-120 minute game.
- In the narrative game mode we can use the Script Book which will make the game longer, but very immersive, creating an atmosphere as if we were reading one of Lovecraft’s short stories.
- With the „Behind the Scene“ expansion we can bring an Overlord into play, that is a player who is going to play against us. As our common enemy, they will be the one playing in place of the game.
- In the „Storm of Cultists“ campaign expansion we created a seven-part campaign experiance with consecutive stories and quests.
- And with the „Lonely Struggle“ expansion we add a solo gameplay.
- There are also nine more expansion modules to make the game more varied, complex and enjoyable.
1.) ILLUSTRATED SCRIPT BOOK – with over 400 flash fiction stories
We have devised a very efficient way to help your immersion into the Lovecraftian atmosphere of Cultistorm: we bring you a script book with over 400 flash fiction stories. Every character and every location (may it be of this world or another), the investigators, the cultist casts, the different events all get their own story. You can also read a flash fiction piece before an encounter with a cultist which does not only intensify the gaming experience, but can also have an effect on the encounter. The stories arrive to you in a beautiful printed book with full page colour illustrations.
2.) SHORT STORY COLLECTION – with 21 (or more) Short Stories
We would like to make the game as immersive possible so instead of flavour texts on cards we are writing short stories together with a team of talented weird fiction writers. We give a complete volume of short stories along with the game, which is worthy of Lovecraft’s literary heritage and the genre requirements he created. The short stories are directly connected to the different casts of cultists, locations and Great Old Ones appearing in the game, creating such a detailed world and back story which is quite unusual in the case of board games.
3.) SOUNDTRACK – with music of Graham Plowman
If you feel like listening to some music while reading or playing, you can turn on Graham Plowman’s album he created especially for Cultistorm. Graham is perhaps the most acknowledged composer of the Lovecraftian subculture. He creates this Lovecraftian atmosphere with a mixture of symphonic orchestras and choir music, using instruments from in Lovecraft’s time. His music is powerful, authentic and incredibly high quality.
Before you continuing to reading this page, start the music, turn up the volume and let Graham Plowman’s fantastic soundtrack transport you into the universe of Cultistorm 🙂
4.) EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL EDITION BOX
We’ve created beautiful special edition box for the game and to be honest we, the creators of the game, fell in love with it right away. It’s a unique and very fitting “packaging” for our game which expresses the uniqueness of its idea and quality.
Und das ist drin:
Und das sind die Stretch Goals:
UNCOMMON CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT: EVERYTHING IS FOR YOU!
We didn’t plan any paying add-ons for the campaign. We would like to give you all the elements, all expansions and booster packs as Stretch Goals and to give them along the base game for free without any extra costs.
We want to inspire you, that’s why all the Stretch Goals will be visible from the launch of the campaign.
If there any expansions or elements we don’t reach as Stretch Goals until the end of the campaign (but we hope it will not happen), we will make sure that they become available in the Pledge Manager after the campaign.
We would like to put together a campaign which fulfills your expectations and makes you happy.
You can find a lot of information, pictures, videos on our webpages in the above mentioned languages:
- https://cultistorm.com (English)
- https://de.cultistorm.com (German)
- https://fr.cultistorm.com (French)
- https://it.cultistorm.com (Italian)
- https://es.cultistorm.com (Spanish – coming soon)
- https://pl.cultistorm.com (Polish – coming soon)
- https://hu.cultistorm.com (Hungarian)
We are trying to answer any questions that arise – please read the FAQ.
In our Kickstarter Updates we will show you the details our game and expansions, our background stories, short stories and scipts, soundtrack albums and everything that may interest you.
Die Kampagne ist schon fast finanziert und läuft noch über einen Monat.