Kimera: Neues Farbset
Von Kimera kommen neue Farben.
KIMERA KOLORS SET – 59,00€
WARNING! If you will be in the Monte San Savino Show, we’ll sell a small batch of sets at a lower price!!!
KIMERA KOLORS pure pigment acrylics set preorder
Only 300 set for 59.00 euros (VAT INCLUDED), until 30th November, delivered before Christmas.
Estimated shipping starts: 25th of November.
13 pure pigment acrylics and 1 satin medium, 30ml dropper bottle with flip top cap, agitator steel ball inside each pot
High pigment concentration, ranging from 30% to 50%
Creamy consistence and matt finiture, but they can be made satin by adding in your mix the satin medium provided.
13 pigments are selected in a scientific way to be the best range to create every colors
Tested and approved by some of the best artist in the world
All manufactured in Italy by Camerini &Co
Auf Facebook haben Kimera noch mehr zu den Farben erzählt:
Today we want to talk about our choice of pots for the Kimera Kolors: https://kimeramodels.com/product/kimera-kolors-set/
This won’t be a very long post like the one explaining pigment mixing, but it’s a short explanation on why our bottles are so different from the other brands.
We made our tester paints and we bottled into dropper similar to many other brands and distributed to our fellow endorsers. This was happening a year ago with our earliest testers, a year only for the testing phase, just to let you understand the amount of work that went into this project.
In that occasion, speaking with our testers, the common thinking process was: these paints are really amazing, it would be a wasted occasion not to improve on the pots too. One of our testers (The great Matt Cexwish) gave us a nice idea about using flip top caps and so we pursued that line.
We tested various bottles internally and we decided we wanted to give more paint for each bottle than the average miniature brand, so we looked for 25-30ml pots with flip top cap and after testing a few of them we ended up liking the ones we are using right now.
But why do we like the flip top cap more than the pots, droppers or tubes? Why should you care about that?
The average pots with the lid are very good to reach for paint and you can stir the paint well, but they suffer three fatal flaws:
1) If you open them and you drop them for some reason, you lose almost all the paint inside. Wasting what’s inside and staining things or even worse ruining your work.
2) They tend to make the paint dry faster, because of the big opening
3) The paint will accumulate on the lid, slowly breaking it
The average dropper is very good at keeping the paint moist while protecting you from accidental spillage, but the dropper too has some flaws:
1) The paint will slowly clog the small opening and unclogging it is usually painful and sometimes will make you waste paint while trying to unclog it
2) Shaking these bottles is not working sometimes to mix the paint that will separate itself over time.
3) When the paint dries on the cap, it’s very hard to open it and you will often end up with the cap and the dropper attached together.
The tube is useful if you have creamy paints, if not you can’t really use it. And even if you can use it, there are some issues there too:
1) The cap sometimes get stuck.
2) They are also more difficult to store in a way that you can see them all and easily pick the paint you want
3) You can’t see the inside of the tube
But the flip top cap will solve most of these problems.
– It has a dropper built in, so you don’t waste the paint and you are safe if you drop it. It also prevents the drying of the paint.
– It has a lid, so the paint won’t clog it and make it difficult to open
– Built in the lid you have a plastic spike that will keep the dropper always clean, to avoid clogging
– They are semi-transparent so you can see the inside and reach for the right color with just a glance
– They are bigger, to store more paint (30ml compared to 12-17ml of other brands)
And to solve the problem of mixing the paint…
WE ADDED THE STEEL BALL AGITATORS FOR YOU! Free of charge of course.
Yes, exactly. When we bottle each paint pot, we add a stainless steel ball agitator in any of them, so you don’t have to worry about anything. You buy the Kimera Kolors and you don’t have to do anything to them to use them for the years to come.
We tried to make everything easier for you, because we paint too and we know the pain you are going through every day. We made these paints with love.
If you like them, you can preorder them here: https://kimeramodels.com/product/kimera-kolors-set/
And for the ones who will come, see you this week end at Monte San Savino Show at the Pegaso and Kimera stand!