Warforged – First Contact: Kickstarter gestartet
Der Kickstarter von Reforged Studios zur Finanzierung von Warforged: First Contact ist gestartet.
Warforged: First Contact by Andy Chambers and Tuomas Pirinen
Warforged: FC is a 28mm scale tactical miniatures board game featuring two powerful forces fighting over an ever-evolving battlefield.
Warforged: First Contact is a classic tabletop “man versus aliens” miniatures board game for two or more players inspired by the classics of yore such as Space Crusade and the much beloved Space Hulk, as well as influenced by more B movies (and AAA movies) than we’d like to confess to having seen. The plot: an elite group of warriors attempts to fight their way into the stronghold of a previously unknown enemy – an enemy that proves ever more threatening the further they go.
We will charge for shipping through our pledge manager after the campaign ends. To be fair to all backers, shipping will be calculated based on the actual costs to ship the rewards you select.
Your rewards will be shipped from our international hubs, depending on where you are located. We ship from the UK for EU backers, China for Asia Pacific backers, Canada for Canadian backers, Australia for Oceanic backers, and the US for US backers and the rest of the world.
Our current estimate for shipping costs for a standard game package are listed below. Please note, these prices are estimates only.
- USA: $12 – $18 to most cities. $30 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- Canada: $15 – $30 to most cities.
- UK: $12 – $18 to most cities.
- Europe: $15 – $20 to Western Europe. $20 – $30 to Northern Europe. $30 – $40 to Eastern and Southern Europe.
- Asia: $15 to China and Hong Kong. $30 – $40 to most other countries.
- Oceania: $15 – $25 to Australia. $30 to New Zealand.
- Latin America: $60 – 70 to most countries.
- Africa: $50 – $60 to most countries.
Unfortunately, due to complications with import laws and customs, we are unable to ship to Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Afghanistan.
The fabled Beasts of War created one of their popular „Let’s Play“ videos for Warforged: First Contact, using prototype miniatures, tokens and board.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von YouTube nachzuladen.
Host Justin McAuley praised the game’s mechanics and looks forward to the future developments. „I think this going to be a really fun game,“ he said. „It’s going to be very interesting to actually see what happens with all the different scenarios and the ways you can play through it.“
Warforged: First Contact is a skirmish-level exploration game where the Iron Legionaries of the Terran Authority investigate a dimension-spanning shrine-portal of the alien Mantra. The Iron Legion will need to use tight coordination and clever tactics to overcome the limitless hordes of the Mantra and battle their way to the heart of the shrine-portal.
- 2+ Players using Iron Legion versus the Mantra (additional players take command of separate Iron Legion squads; the Mantra player acts as „dungeon master“).
- 20-60 minutes play time depending on the scenario.
- Unique and accessible command card activation system.
- A wide selection of friends and enemies to use from lowly expendables to mighty heroes.
- Traps, alien conditions and reinforcements shift the odds through a game. Victory is rarely assured and games remain exciting to the last throw of the dice.
Warforged: First Contact uses one-to-one model representation so one miniature equals one soldier, hero or one of the strange beings the Mantra deploys. These are 28mm to 32mm tall, corresponding to human-height models (roughly) because that’s the accepted standard for models and we wanted models that people would want to collect – not least for us to collect too!
- COMMAND CARDS AND ACTION DECK
Each model in a game is represented by a command card which includes all the characteristics and special rules for that model. On each game turn all of the command cards are shuffled together and then drawn one at a time, with each model activating and taking their actions when a card of their type is drawn.
An activated model has two actions that can be used to move or shoot (or shoot and shoot, or move and move). Models can be set to overwatch for lurking foes that activate later in the turn, but positioning is crucial as models can only use their ranged attacks in a limited front fire arc.
The Iron Legionaries are tough fighters that are well-armed for ranged fighting with rifles and a variety of heavy weapons. They can also field a mighty Ironclad in support.
The Mantra forces vary greatly; Chorals are quick but fragile hand-to-hand fighters that become deadly when massed, hulking Descants have the ability to pound Legionaries both up close and from a distance, while the Deva are winged terrors quite capable of ripping through an entire Legionary squad.