Tank Chess: Kickstarter läuft
Schach, Panzer? Warum nicht beides?
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von www.kickstarter.com nachzuladen.
Stop! This is not another chess spin-off, this is chess reinvented!
Have you ever dreamed of being a great general of the armoured forces? Or maybe a chess grandmaster? Perhaps what you want is just a fun, challenging game you can explain quickly and play with anyone?
If that’s the case, you’re in for a real treat!
Tank Chess is a strategic game played on 16×16 or 20×20 square board which as a main objective has the destruction of the opponent’s Command Tank or a sneaky escape of your own Command Tank. The way to achieve this is by meticulously planning and executing the maneuvers of the rest of your forces composed of Light, Medium and Heavy Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Heavy Mortars.
The game incorporates some masterful strategic planning and decision making similar to the game of chess, but the nature of the long range engagements along with the firepower and the armour protection are the factors that have to be acknowledged in order to create a winning strategy and to achieve the ultimate goal.
One of the most important game features is the existence of the obstacles on the board that prevent shooting across the board and provide opportunities for some clever tactical maneuvers. Also, the destroyed vehicles remain on the board at all times, which makes you consider every move very carefully, in order to avoid creating new cover that your enemy can exploit.
The number of different, fully engaging game mechanics ensures the replayability of this game: you will constantly be presented with a new challenge that will keep you on the edge of your seat!
The reasons why Tank Chess will become one of your favorite board games:
- An easy to learn game: everyone can get a hold of the rules in just about 5 to 10 minutes; however, should you want to master it and be a top Tank Chess strategist, it requires hours of gameplay;
- The setting up takes only 30 seconds, which is a great thing because the game is so addictive you’ll want to play it dozens of times in a row, and that way you won’t lose much time in between (having said that, we strongly recommend taking breaks to eat, stretch and go to the bathroom);
- No dice or any other way of chance influencing the outcome: the strategically and tactically superior player will always win (draws are possible only in theory);
- There is an infinite number of possible different games between the basic setup and the scenarios in the brochure and the expansion set. On top of that, you can modify the board yourself by adding or removing obstacles, choose different pieces or change their starting positions for a unique experience every time – every configuration demands a new approach in terms of strategy, and also grants new possibilities for tactical maneuvers, so you must adapt well and be creative and methodical in order to defeat your opponent;
- The game is balanced perfectly: every type of vehicle has its own strengths and weaknesses that should be relied on or exploited. More than one way to accomplish victory and some brilliant game mechanics make you really dig in and find a new solution for every challenge your opponent sets in front of you: keeping in mind his ideas is crucial at all times!;
- The visual appeal of the game is evident from the moment you open the box: the high quality plastic pieces are stylized representations inspired by WW2 tanks and the 3D expansion contains a lot of city themed elements that will add a touch of reality to the game. Also, the assembly of the 3D expansion is an enjoyment by its own right!
- Although intended for two, this game offers a ton of possibilities for solo play: due to the easy annotation system, you can deeply analyze your games post-mortem, think of new strategies to try to win in the least number of moves possible, create tactical maneuvers in advance, test different obstacle setups, etc. If you play an interesting game or a game packed with suspense until the very end, or you design an innovative obstacle configuration, send them to us and we’ll make sure to publish the best ones on our website or to put them in our brochure for the subsequent editions of the game.
Hier geht es schonmal zu den Regeln:
Und das sind die Pledges:
Stretch Goals gibt es auch:
Die Kampagne läuft noch 21 Tage und ist bereits finanziert.
Quelle: Tank Chess