Rubicon Models: Neuheiten im April
Rubicon Models präsentieren ihre April Neuheiten in ihrem Shop.
Preorder- will ship in early April.
The SdKfz 250/7 was a standard mortar carrier (Gerält 897), equipped with the 8cm (3.15in) GrW34 mortar, fixed internally and given to the 4th platoon of each Leichter Panzer Aufklärungs Kompanie (Light Armoured Reconnaissance Company) with 42 rounds in store on the vehicle. The SdKfz 250/7 is usually accompanied by a Munitionsfahrzeug (ammunition transporter) which was a supply vehicle carrying 66 more rounds and two MG 34 with 2,010 rounds for close support. They were generally given to platoon commanders with additional radio equipment.
The SdKfz 251/2 was the standard motorized mortar version, used by the infantry. It carried a GrW34 8cm (3.15in) mortar with 66 rounds. The recoil bottom plate could be removed for offloaded use.
Standalone Mortar Team included!
The SdKfz 251/9, also called “kanonenwagen”, was equipped with a short-barrel 75mm (2.95 in) howitzer, which used the same mounting as the StuG III. It was nicknamed “Stummel” (Stump), and committed in great numbers on the Eastern Front. First ordered in a March 1942 specification, Büssing-NAG delivered two prototypes in June, tested in Russia. A first batch of 150 vehicles was delivered during the following months, based on the Ausf C. By late 1944, a major modification included a revised modular higher gun-mount with a coaxial MG42 for close defense. This modular version was sometimes called “Kanone 51” and was also used to create the SdKfz 250/8 and the SdKfz 234/3.
The latter design gave better protection, better depression and higher traverse (20° on each side). Normal traverse was 10 to 12° on each side, and a -5 +20° elevation. The gun provision was 52 rounds, but many were carried wherever it was possible, notably on the rifle racks and crammed in extra soft bags. Scissor binoculars and relocated a Fuspr.f 2 meter rod-antenna were also present. The Stummel was first introduced with the SS-Panzerregiment 4 “Der Führer”, 2nd SS Armored Division and, later, (after the Ausf D came into service in 1944) in most armored reconnaissance units, and the paratrooper division “Hermann Göring”. Such vehicles could be carried inside the Me323 “Gigant”.
The SdKfz 250/8 was the standard SPG variant, carrying the short barrel 75mm (2.95 in) KwK37 L/24 howitzer and, later, a K51(Sf) with 20 rounds in store. Production was planned in the spring of 1943 with the Alte chassis (but never produced), and then switched to the Neu chassis in 1944 when actual production begun.
The SdKfz 250/11 Alte was designed to be a tank hunter, equipped with the tapered-bore recoilless 2.8cm (1.1in) sPzB 41, with 168 rounds in store on the vehicle, and a MG34 or MG42, generally issued to platoon leaders. The gun carriage was also carried, so that the gun could be dismounted and used separately. By the time the Neu version was introduced, the sPzB 41 rifle was retired because the Germans had ran out of tungsten for the armour-piercing shells.
The sPzB 41 also found its way to some SdKfz 251/7 Pionierpanzerwagen, mostly on Ausf C variants. The SdKfz 251/7 is an engineer assault vehicle fitted with bridge ramps, special fitting on the upper hull, and additional radio equipment.
Standalone sPzB 41 Weapon Team included!
Preis: 16.00 GBP
The M4A3, powered by the excellent Ford GAA V8 engine, was the US Army’s preferred Sherman variant. It began to replace other Sherman types in US Army service in 1944.
In late 1943, the M4A3 underwent a major overhaul as part of a program to improve the Sherman design and rationalise production. The main improvements were a revised hull with larger hatches, redesigned ammunition stowage to reduce the likelihood of the tank burning when penetrated, and a simplified glacis angled at 47 degrees. In addition to the standard 75mm gun-armed version, a version armed with a 76mm gun was also built. Designated M4A3(76mm)W (“W” = wet stowage), this utilised a larger turret originally intended for the aborted T23 medium tank. The M1A1 76mm gun was rushed into service in July 1944 because the 75mm gun was found to be inadequate against the latest German tanks, but its anti-tank performance proved to be mediocre (at least until an HVAP projectile became available in 1945).
The M4A3(76mm)W began to enter service in September 1944. 1,400 were built. Early production vehicles had a round loader’s hatch and (due to production delays) lacked a muzzle brake. Later vehicles had an oval loader’s hatch and a muzzle brake. The harsh weather conditions in late 1944 revealed the shortcomings of the Sherman’s narrow (16.5 inch) tracks, and as a stop-gap solution extended end-connectors (known as “duckbills”) were fitted to improve flotation in muddy terrain. In the meantime, a horizontal volute suspension system (HVSS) with wider (23 inch) tracks had been developed, with greatly enhanced cross-country performance. Usually known as the M4A3E8 (although this was not its official designation), 3,142 of this final version of the Sherman were built. It first entered service during the Ardennes Offensive in December 1944.
While rugged and dependable, the M4A3E8 was too thinly armoured, and many crews attempted to improve its survivability by adding sandbags or scavenged armour plate. Despite its shortcomings, the M4A3E8 remained in US Army service through the Korean War, where it faced the Soviet-built T-34/85. Many soldiered on with other armies (notably Israel’s) until the 1960s.
This kit contains the parts to build either an early or late version of the M4A3(76mm)W, or an M4A3E8 with HVSS suspension. It also includes an optional set of tracks fitted with extended end connectors. The hull and cupola hatches are separate, and a commander figure and stowage items are included.
Quelle: Rubicon Models