A Song of Ice and Fire: Preview
Auf Gamewire ist eine Vorschau zum Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop erschienen.
Wir haben aus dem Text die wichtigsten Zitate zusammengezogen:
- Plastic miniatures with special hard plastic for weaponry so you can be sure you don’t experience any droopy spears.
- The miniatures are not one piece sculpts, but they are pre assembled so you can play them right out of the box.
- The game is based on a point system; which allows players to play bigger or smaller, shorter or longer games depending on how much Song of Ice and Fire you’d like to play.
- The commander you choose for your army helps determine some of the cards in your deck.
- An army ran by the Mountain is going to be far more aggressive than an army ran by Tyrion Lannister, which of course, would be far more tactical.
- Behind the scenes army characters
- A character like Cersei Lannister would grant additional tactical benefits such as bribing a unit to show up late, or even taking temporary control of a unit.
- Players activate the minis one tray at a time.
- Some units will break and eventually run away.
- It is possible to completely break the morale of another faction.
- Lannister paid soldiers won’t have as high morale as the Starks who are fighting for a cause they truly care about.
- The game plays on a 4×4 table using a d6 system and the game rules fit on a singular card.
- The alternating activation system allows for more than two player battles.
- Combat in this game is handled by selecting a number of available actions. Moving, pivoting, charging, etc.
- When a character chooses to pivot that tray can pivot up to 360 degrees in any direction but remember, placement matters.
- If someone has a particularly long and spiky weapon, it’s probably not best to charge at them from the front because then your character would certainly take damage.
- CMON told us the standard sized game is 45 minutes to an hour and a half for a 7 unit game.
- It will be available in retail this March 2018 .
- There will be various scenarios, making it so killing each other doesn’t always mean winning a scenario.
- The two starting factions will be the Starks and Lannister but we were reassured there is much much more to come.
- There will be organized play from day one so look forward to playing this at your friendly local game store.
- They’re hoping to have just a few things on Kickstarter but plan on having monthly releases in retail and hope to focus on the retail sales and organized play of this game.
Inzwischen sind noch mehr Bilder aufgetaucht: