KoW Vanguard: Kickstarter läuft
Der neue Kickstarter von Mantic Games läuft.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von www.kickstarter.com nachzuladen.
Before the first charge, before weapons clash in brutal combat, before the victor gathers the spoils of war, battles will be won by the brave deeds of small, elite bands of fighters.
Commanders rely on their trusted warbands to disrupt the enemies‘ vital supply routes, light beacons to warn comrades of enemy movement, and seize winning positions on the battlefield. If the raiding parties do their job well, the battle is won long before the troops have mustered.
Für den Anfang gibt es zwei Warbands, weitere dürften folgen (die Dopplungen auf den Bildern wird es am Ende voraussichtlich nicht geben):
Es gibt zwei zentrale Pledges:
1-Spieler-Starterset mit Gelände und einer Warband nach Wahl:
In the $85 Warband Pledge, you get:
- Kings of War: Vanguard Rulebook
- Cardboard Tokens
- Power Dice
- 3ft x 3ft paper playing mat
- TerrainCrate plastic Vanguard Battlefield Objectives
- TerrainCrate plastic Battlefield Debris
- TerrainCrate plastic Fences
- TerrainCrate plastic Walls
- PLUS: your choice of a Basilean or Nightstalker warband
- PLUS: all applicable stretch goals!
2 Spieler-Starterset ohne Gelände, dafür aber mit zwei Warbands (die aber ohne die Resinhelden auskommen müssen):
Wie bereits bei den letzten Projekten (Deadzone, Star Saga, Warpath…) werden die Modelle auch hier auf Basis der Artworks gerendert:
What is Vanguard?
Vanguard recreates cinematic, brutal skirmishes between small warbands of handpicked fighters. Players carefully select their squad of characters then fight it out to complete life or death missions – that can help turn the tide in the battle to come!
These can be played as one-off narrative missions between elite fighting forces, but Vanguard is also fully compatible with your larger games of Kings of War. By linking battles in Vanguard to your mass battles, thanks to the innovative interlinked campaign system, victory in Vanguard could mean you’ll gain access to better magical artefacts, new units or even the chance to deploy in better positions. Meanwhile, defeat could force your units to arrive late or your deployment options will be hampered.
As your troops successfully complete missions, they’ll become a renowned force, so we’re also developing an in-depth war band progression system to reflect that. As you play more games, your key heroes will gain new and more powerful abilities and discover new equipment – but wounds suffered might mean they pick up game-changing injuries! No Vanguard campaign will ever play the same, and each force will develop its own style and skills.
The 28mm plastic miniatures in Vanguard will also represent the small bands of elite battle hardened warriors – the ones any good general would rely on to complete his most important of missions – but because these fantastic sculpts are compatible with our wider range of fantasy miniatures, your new Vanguard miniatures make fantastic heroes for your Kings of War armies too!
Kings of War Vanguard is a two-player miniatures game that’s played on a 3ft by 3ft battlefield using a new range of high quality miniatures.
- FANTASY SKIRMISH RULES – take command of a crack team of elite fighters, including captains, support units, weapons experts, along with grunts and warriors to overwhelm the opposition
- IN-DEPTH CAMPAIGN SYSTEM – track the progress of your key members to earn experience and gain new abilities or improved stats
- FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH KINGS OF WARS – use the incredibly detailed, dynamic miniatures from Vanguard as the heroes or elite troops in your Kings of War army
- 3D SCENERY – use Mantic’s new range of pre-assembled, plastic TerrainCrate scenery to bring your skirmishes to life, and with lots of different scenarios to play every battle will look – and play – differently
- INNOVATIVE RULES – issue special commands in the heat of battle with the unique Power Dice abilities, and gather your troops with Group Actions
- EQUIP YOUR FIGHTERS – ahead of the fight, choose from a range of equipment to improve the abilities of your characters, or unlock new and more powerful abilities
Die Alpha-Regeln gibt es als Download:
Try the game for yourself with the Vanguard Alpha Rules! We’ve made the core rules available now so you can play the game. What’s more, we want to hear you feedback to make Vanguard even better. Post your battle reports and comments here.
About this Kickstarter:
A skirmish variation of the hugely popular Kings of War has been something that gamers have been asking about for several years. However, we wanted to make sure we got the gameplay and the miniatures perfect!
This Kickstarter will allow us to delve deeper into the heroes and characters of Mantica, in which Kings of War is set, and will fund:
- RULEBOOK – Kickstarter backers will receive a rulebook, containing core rules, background material, a range of varied scenarios and details for character progression in a campaign
- FANTASY TERRAIN – new pre-assembled, plastic scenery related to the scenarios in the book
NEW MINIATURES: NIGHTSTALKERS
Nightmares made manifest, the Nightstalkers are the dreams and horrors of mortals twisted into cruel and horrifying shapes. They lurk in the shadows and feed on the most powerful of mortal emotions, such as fear, hatred and pride. Up until now they have remained hidden in the dark corners of Mantica, but now their terrible forces are leaking into the realm. The feast has begun…
For the first time we are creating plastic and resin miniatures for the Nightstalkers. These horrifying creatures appeared in the Uncharted Empires supplement but with this Kickstarter we’ll be able to produce them in all their terrifying glory, and make sure they’re central to the stories unfolding across the land. These miniatures will be made in PVC plastic (the same as that used in The Walking Dead) and resin.
NEW MINIATURES: BASILEANS
In a world beset by evil there is a single beacon of hope for the world of man. Holy crusaders and scourges of the Abyss, the forces of Basilea stride forth from their golden city to strike fear into the hearts of evildoers across the land. Their faith is as strong as their martial prowess, maintained by the Paladin warrior-scholars in their ranks and bolstered by the angelic Elohi that march to battle alongside them.
In Vanguard, the Basilean army gets a boost with new, elite heroes and a full warband. These will be made in PVC plastic and resin.
Videos gibt es ebenfalls schon:
Die Kampagne läuft noch 15 Tage.
Mantic Games haben soeben ein weiteres Pledge hinzugefügt:
Außerdem gibt es jetzt diverse Warbands zu den alteingesessenen Völkern Manticas: