Star Saga: Kickstarter läuft
Mantic Games haben ihren neuen Kickstarter geöffnet und das Spiel ist bereits finanziert.
Set in Mantic’s Warpath Universe, Star Saga: The Eiras Contract is a science fiction dungeon crawler for 2-5 players (with optional rules for solo play).
Featuring strong story-telling elements and immersive game scenarios, Star Saga: The Eiras Contract will see players guide a team of mercenaries on a mission to retrieve stolen technology from a highly guarded research facility deep beneath the surface of the planet Eiras.
In Star Saga you’ll take on platoons of minions and powerful alien bosses, and quickly discover there’s more to your mission than a simple case of corporate espionage. As the game unfolds you’ll be forced to make difficult decisions to stay alive as the story takes unexpected twists and turns.
Star Saga is the successor to 2014’s Dungeon Saga, praised for its simple core mechanics that provided a perfect opening for new players. Star Saga will introduce refined and more streamlined rules, and feature both ‘learn-as-you-go’ gameplay for novice adventurers and more advanced mechanics for seasoned gamers.
With completely new solo gameplay and deeper narrative elements, Star Saga delivers a true RPG dungeon crawler experience… in the depths of a subterranean base on a far-off alien world!
Further campaigns and expansions will utilize the full scope of science fiction settings, from space stations and starships to alien landscapes and beyond.
Das ist das Kernpledge:
Star Saga uses classic dungeon crawler mechanics: players move their characters through the environment, opening doors, picking up loot, and revealing more of the board as the game progresses. Combat is resolved with a simple system of opposed dice rolls, while player statistics, abilities and special rules are all laid out on wonderfully designed game cards, allowing most players to learn the game as they play.
• 2-5 Players: Control all the Mercenaries yourself, or team-up to complete your mission co-operatively and take down the mastermind behind the facility on Eiras!
• Solo Play: Newly developed solo play rules allow the game itself to take the role of the villain with simple card-based AI.
• Ready to Play: Star Saga will include all the pre-assembled miniatures you’ll need to start playing right away. You’ll get all the necessary game cards, tiles and components for the complete dungeon crawler experience in one box.
• Advanced Rules: Newly refined advanced rules will provide everything that the veteran-gamer needs – campaigns, experience, character creation, mission creation, and more.
• High Quality Figures & Packaging: The core box includes 32 highly detailed miniatures molded from premium plastic, with thick, high-quality tiles and counters. Packaged in a vacu-formed plastic tray to hold your figures firmly in place. For an example of component quality and how this game will be packaged and presented, see The Walking Dead: All Out War box opening here.
Ein Video zu den Spielregeln gibt es hier:
Zu den Fraktionen:
MEET THE MERCS
Captain Erika Dulinsky: Former Captain for the Reiker Corporation. The exact circumstances of her dismissal from Reiker are unclear – her records remain classified. Whatever the case, her leadership and tactical experience put her in high demand among military freelancers, while her courage under fire make her an invaluable teammate.
Combat Utility Robot B07153: Designed as modular support, Combat Utility Robots have limited conversational skills and are almost exclusively task-oriented. That said, behavioral ‘quirks’ have been reported among older or battle-damaged units. ‘Curby’ is one such unit.
Francesco ‘The Devil’ Selvaggio: Soldier-for-hire with a predilection for close combat knife-work and demolitions. Selvaggio earned his nickname, ‘The Devil’, for his part in the fire-bombing campaign that laid waste to an entire planet. ‘The Devil’ has since made his way through the universe working for anyone with the credits to pay for his services, be they rebels, corporate snatch teams, or worse.
Wrath: The only Judwan ever recorded as being capable of violence. Subjected to an arduous ‘training’ program and fashioned into a killer at a young age, he is now one of the most wanted beings in the galaxy, always seeking the truth behind what was done to him… and revenge.
MEET YOUR ENEMIES
Doctor Lucas Koyner: Koyner is the head of research at one of the corporation’s most clandestine advanced science facilities. Within its warren of laboratories, Koyner works on his own sinister experiments.
Organic Data Storage Unit X-02-A: The Chovar called ‘X-02-A’ has lost practically everything. Its psychic link has been suppressed, and electric shackles hold it immobile. It is a thing of rage and pain, a witness to innumerable horrors perpetrated by its captors.
Guard Commander Graves: In charge of security, Graves is a true soldier who does as he’s told, but also longs for the heat of battle. He relishes the prospect of one day someone being foolish enough to try to get past him and his troops.
The core box game will include everything needed to begin your mission.
- Rulebook featuring tutorials and basic mechanics for novice adventurers and expanded rules for veteran players.
- The Eiras Contract Mission Book with 10 narrative adventures, including 2 introductory missions, plus character bios and the full story behind Eiras.
- High Quality Card Sheets with detailed floor tiles and counters
- 4 Character Cards
- Over 100 Game Cards for equipment, skills, and all the powers of the Nexus player.
- a selection of Custom Dice
- 32 Highly Detailed Miniatures including 4 mercenaries, 3 bosses, 24 minions, and a Kickstarter Exclusive BLAINE Figure.
- 10 plastic doors, and loads of scenery to fill out your game!
Und das ist das erste Stretch Goal:
Die Kampagne läuft noch 25 Tage.