DreadBall: The Futuristic Sports Game 2 Kickstarter
Der neue Dreadball-Kickstarter läuft.
DreadBall – The Futuristic Sports Game is the 2-player hyperkinetic sci-fi sports game of unparalleled speed and ferocity, a fast and tactical miniature sports board game created by Mantic Games.
By backing this Kickstarter you will be getting the ultimate futuristic sports game experience. Playing as head coach, you will compete for victory with teams of beautiful miniatures on a stunning sci-fi pitch. The game is easy to learn, yet challenging, with carefully orchestrated plays and counter attacks hinging on positioning and the mercy of the dice gods – and 2nd Edition turns it up to 11!
To get all of the great game experience, including everything you need to play plus a great selection of stretch goals, bonus extras and goodies, we recommend a pledge of STRIKER!
So sieht das Striker-Pledge aus:
Und das hier ist das neue Material:
DreadBall – The Futuristic Sports Game comes with:
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 Double-sided Pitch
- 1 Draconis All-Stars Robot Team on hex bases
- 1 Ninth Moon Tree Sharks Yndij Team on hex bases
- 1 RefBot
- 52 Cards
- 13 Card Counters
- 18 Dice
- 1 Roster Pad
DreadBall is the futuristic sports board game for 2 players. Take on the role of coach and attempt to outscore your opponent on the pitches of the far future by playing in one-off exhibition matches or galaxy-spanning leagues that showcase your grasp of strategy and tactics.
Whether you’re new to the world of futuristic sport or a seasoned veteran, with 2nd Edition you can expect:
- Fast Sports Action: Score outrageous strikes or pummel your opponent with wicked slams! DreadBall is a fast, furious sports game with intuitive rules, updated for 2nd Edition after player feedback from the countless matches and tournaments played around the globe.
- Advanced League System: Play one-off exhibition matches or gather a group of players and take part in your own galaxy-spanning DreadBall league. The rulebook includes all the rules and guidelines you need to run a league, build your team and develop your players with new skills and abilities as they gain experience. This league system is brand new for second edition.
- Competitive Teams: DreadBall – The Futuristic Sports Game has a diverse cast of teams, from high-scoring Judwan to bruising Hulks and speedy Veer-myn. Second edition introduces new teams, such as the Ninth Moon Tree Sharks Yndij Team and the Draconis All-Stars Robot Team.
- Match-ready right out of the box: No assembly required, just pick up and play.
- The Pitch of the Future: Made from futuristic neodurium (well, thick cardboard), the high quality DreadBall pitch is your playing surface. It’s been upgraded for the new season with larger hexes and location zones for your action counters, cards and dice. It’s also double sided, with the DreadBall Ultimate pitch on the reverse side (see below for more on DreadBall Ultimate).
- The Galaxy’s Greatest Sport 2.0: Keeping the players in check and patrolling the pitch is the enhanced RefBot. There’s also redesigned counters, roster pad, balls and bases for a high quality gaming experience.
- Exploding Balls and Slippery Pitch: The game’s card deck provides additional actions and special events, reimagined for more diverse play on top of the furious dice-driven action.
Work-In-Progress Yndij Player Sculpt
Concept Art: Draconis All-Stars Striker
Alle Teams werden in einem gesonderten Buch gesammelt:
The DreadBall Team Guide is your essential guide to the teams and famous players who grace the pitches of the far future.
- Which will you choose? This all-in-one book contains the background, stats and rules for all 27 DreadBall teams and a cast of MVPs.
- Balanced Play: Playtested by our rules committee ahead of a public beta, each team is balanced, diverse and competitive.
- New! Team Captains: Make a famous player your Captain, offering additional skills and abilities to your team.
Auch Ultimate wird neu aufgelegt und das Spielfeld kommt auf die Rückseite des neuen Boards:
The DreadBall Ultimate Pitch is included on the reverse side of the standard pitch in the DreadBall core game.
DreadBall Ultimate is the multi-player, multi-ball expansion for the galaxy’s greatest sport. With 2 balls flying around the arena, the madness never ends as 3-6 coaches can take their team to the pitch to play ball all at the same time.
Multi-player, Multi-ball: The perfect beer-and-pretzels game or the ultimate end-of-season match, DreadBall Ultimate is a fun, frantic and ultimately hilarious way of playing everyone’s favourite sports game.
Ultimate Pitch: With an upgraded design for enhanced gameplay, the DreadBall Ultimate is included on the reverse-side of the standard pitch and enables 3-6 coaches to play DreadBall at the same time.
Bring out the big guns: Giant players with multi-hex bases return to DreadBall with updated rules for 2nd Edition.
Und hier noch ein paar Details zu den neuen Regeln:
The new edition grew out of demand from the community. For existing players, DreadBall 2nd Edition is all about streamlining the rules, improving the components, supporting the community and getting it growing all over again.
The Core Rulebook will condense all the rules from 6 existing season books into one handy volume. All of the rules are being reviewed and where necessary we are making changes to improve them. One such example is with Jacks, who in the current playtest document get to make a full move when throwing and slamming. This will likely see the demise of the Slide rule.
It’s these kinds of positive changes we are applying across the ruleset, improving how MVP selection is made, making the game quicker to play, and making Cheerleaders and Coaches more useful. The league system is being completely rewritten and even DreadBall Ultimate is having its rules reviewed so that it’s more fun and slicker.
Finally, a lot of work is going into playtesting and balancing the teams and characters. This is a competitive game and we have got ample opportunity to review them all and make each team fun, fair and diverse. The DreadBall Team Guide will contain the fruits of this work – a single book with all the background, stats and rules for each team and MVP. We are also introducing Team Captains as a new upgrade, repurposing some of the MVP miniatures so that you can get to use those figures on the tabletop more often.
We are reviewing a number of different solutions and are working with a dedicated bunch of fans to make it possible. We will continue to update you and include you in the beta playtesting of the Galaxy’s Greatest Sport. The important thing to remember is that this will still be the same fun futuristic sports game you love – only slicker and more fun!
Die Kampagne läuft 16 Tage.