Dropzone Commander: Infanterie und Raumschiffe
Hawk Wargames zeigen im neuen Newsletter weitere Bilder der UCM-Flotte und außerdem gibt es Render der neuen Infanterie.
This image gives you an idea of the size comparisons between the various ship classes. A typical tournament-sized fleet will be around twice this size.
The hull of the Beijing Class Battleship has more individual features than any other component we have ever sculpted. Although it took an exceptionally long time to create I’m very happy with the result! The massed banks of tiny point defence lasers are in fact minute and in-scale (exactly 50 times smaller) versions of the Aegis ODL from Dropzone Commander. All the larger mass-driver turrets are fully posable.
These are the same class as the Avenger, our newly completed 3m long 10mm scale showpiece model. In Dropfleet these ships will be critical to delivering first-wave dropship assaults planetside!
Außerdem gibt es Infos zu den Regeln:
We’ve revealed some major details about our upcoming spaceship game set in the Dropzone Commander universe!
- Dropfleet will be an Orbital Combat game in which the vast majority of your games will take place in orbit above a planet’s surface. The game has been designed for this from the ground up by Andy Chambers and is an entirely new and unique ruleset.
- A typical gaming table is 4’x4′ and will show the surface of a planet rather than the more typical ’starfield‘ style space combat table. The area covered will be around the size of a large European country/US State.
- Delivering your troops to targets on the surface will be crucial for victory and most missions will be tactical and objective focused. Space stations, static defences, ground troops, cities and other scenery play an integral part in the game.
- Three altitude layers (High Orbit, Low Orbit and Atmosphere) are present in games and have various effects. Only certain ships (such as Strike Carriers) can go atmospheric and each layer has advantages and disadvantages in different tactical situations.
- Weapons range is neither absolute nor fixed. It can change based on the power of your ship’s scanners, the enemy ship’s signature and the enemy’s actions (firing several weapons greatly increases a ships signature for example). Stealth is frequently crucial!
- A framework for linking games of Dropfleet and Dropzone will be present in the rulebook, opening up many exciting possibilities for campaigns and narrative settings.
We still have a lot of work to do on fleet balancing and sculpting before release although the core ruleset itself is 90% complete. At this point we anticipate a release date around the end of this year/early next year as none of us want to rush this exciting and ground-breaking project! Stay tuned for more information and previews throughout this year.
Und so sehen die Infanterie-Waves aus:
At Salute we also previewed a plethora of upcoming releases for Dropzone Commander. In the coming months we will be releasing 3-4 new blisters for every faction. The first wave of these is shown below (more details to follow very shortly!)
Beyond this first wave, there are several others planed and in development including the much anticipated second set of Famous Commanders. We also showcased renders and concepts for some of the other upcoming releases we have planned:
Dropzone Commander wird in Deutschland über den Verlag Martin Ellermeier vertrieben
Dropzone Commander ist unter anderem bei unserem Partner TinBitz erhältlich.
Quelle: Hawk Wargames