BattleTech: PC-Spiel Kickstarter läuft
Der Kickstarter zum neuen rundenbasierten BattleTech-PC-Spiel läuft und hat bereits eine Million erreicht!
Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades.FOLLOW HAREBRAINED SCHEMES on Twitter @webeharebrained or LIKE our Facebook page to keep in touch and join the fun!Don’t have a credit card? PayPal is here for you! (Please note that by using PayPal, you will not be in Kickstarter’s system and will not receive automatic update mails or be able to comment on our Kickstarter page. However, your contribution will still go towards the campaign’s total funding level with regards to meeting our various funding goals. And, if you also back us for $1 through Kickstarter, you’ll be able to stay up-to-date on everything.)>>> WHAT
BATTLETECH is a single-player, turn-based, tactical ‚Mech combat game for PC. (And Mac and Linux!) The game may also include PVP multiplayer if enough funding is reached – more on that below.>>> WHERE
The BattleTech Universe is one of near-constant warfare and feudal political intrigue, where great noble houses vie for dominance of a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere. It’s a universe of flawed heroes, fallen empires and grey moral realities. Great families vie for supremacy, with alliances and betrayals constantly shifting the balance of power.
Our BATTLETECH game is set in the popular 3025 Succession Wars Era of the BattleTech Universe – often referred to as „Classic BattleTech“.
The project is led by:
- Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, and more.
- Mike McCain, the Creative Director of Harebrained Schemes‘ critically-acclaimed series of Shadowrun games.
- Mitch Gitelman, the Producer of the classic MechCommander series of tactical ‚Mech combat games.
Our studio, Harebrained Schemes, has delivered three successful Kickstarter campaigns – Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall, Golem Arcana, and Shadowrun: Hong Kong – to rave reviews and very positive responses from our Kickstarter backers. Kickstarter allows our studio to remain independent and to focus on making games directly for our fans.>>> WHY
Because we love BattleTech, and there hasn’t been a turn-based, classic BattleTech game on PC in over 20 years! Above all else, our goal with this project is to deliver an authentic BattleTech experience. Accomplishing that goal isn’t just about designing great ‚Mech combat – it’s about fully realizing the BattleTech Universe, its characters, its factions, and its stories.
With your help! The success of our last few games allows us to fund the Base Skirmish Game – but with your support BATTLETECH can become so much more. Here’s how the game will expand as the campaign’s funding increases. (For a full summary, see the Game Stages section below).
- STAGE 1 (Internally funded by Harebrained Schemes): A turn-based tactical skirmish game – command a Lance of 4 ‚Mechs & MechWarriors against AI opponents across a variety of battlefields.
- STAGE 2 ($1,000,000 on KS): We add a full, single-player story campaign to the game.
- STAGE 3 ($1,850,000 on KS): We add side-missions, procedurally-generated missions and the campaign becomes open-ended.
- STAGE 4 ($2,500,000 on KS): Introduces PVP multiplayer combat in the famous arenas of Solaris VII.
BATTLETECH is in development for PC, Mac, and Linux in English and will be delivered in standard and DRM-free versions on Steam, GoG, and Humble stores. The game will also be made available in German, French, and Russian (with localized text, and audio subtitles) in a post-launch update. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage. BATTLETECH is expected to launch in early 2017.
So sehen einige der Pledges aus:
Die Kampagne läuft noch 33 Tage.
Quelle: BATTLETECH bei Kickstarter