Dropzone Commander: Fragerunde mit Dave
Auf Facebook gibt es heute einen Chat mit Dave, dem Entwickler von Dropzone Commander. Wir beobachten das Gespräch für Euch und fassen die wichtigsten Ergebnisse zusammen.
- Is there any chance of a release of quick play rules, or a battle report, game demo or something to get an idea of what we are expecting from the rules?
I’m certainly not ruling it out at this stage! The only issue with it is that the game only works properly with all the elements in place, which would mean that it would need to be pretty comprehensive. Having said that, we’ll certainly look into it, as I know a lot of others would love something like this! In any case, we’ll be publishing ‚chunks‘ of the rules on the download section soon, so you’ll be able to get a feel for the writing and rules style etc + see how certain mechanics work 🙂
- Are there campaign and/or tournament rules or guidance in the rule-set?
Yes there certainly will be! The game is very scenario-oriented and doesn’t drag on forever, so should suit tournaments well.
- Battle reports might help a lot maybe get Warren and crew at BoW to help they have done some great info type vids on new rule sets that I know have helped my customer with info on new games.
I’m working on getting one or two clubs that I’m playtesting with to write battle reports, I think they often do a great job of giving people a feel for the game, and I think it will also be good to hear people unaffiliated with me talking about playing the game! Won;t be for a week or two though
One of the clubs I playtest with does videos, so will look into that certainly. I don’t have a lot of experience with videos myself, and my workload is already off the charts! Doubt I’ll be getting much sleep in the coming months…
- I want to buy a Premium Shaltari Large Army and have 2 Questions: 1) Is that whole group of models (good) playable? Or, for example, are there too many medium dropships in that army deal for a normal game? 2) How many Foams are in this army deal? Thanks!
The army deals represent flexible and well balanced forces, and will be playable as they are! Having said that, remember they are not exactly points balanced with their counterparts from other races (they are balanced by model content so everyone gets a similar deal). Having said that, they should be pretty good matches for each other. Either way they’ll give you a well rounded pool of troops 🙂
- I was wondering about the basic rules mechanic, e.g. will there be opposed or „target number“-type rolls, or maybe a mix of both? Secondly, could you give us a sneak-peek of a stat-line for a unit, just to get a feel for the complexity of the make-up of a unit?
Thanks! It’ll be ‚target number’ (eg 4+) most of the time. Actually, the very first ‚rules chunk‘ download will be a sample stat line, so you won’t have to wait long for that one!
- What is it that will set DzC apart from the others? And why should i invest a large amount of cash in your game (general question I like to ask since I am a salesman myself and get this argument often 🙂 )?
The dropship focus is the game’s most unique aspect. The models and rules have been build around this core concept from day one. Moving your troops by air also opens up some interesting scenarios (think Blackhawk Down!)
- Are there any plans for an „Entry Level“ pack? Many people have commented the high start up cost, I for one will likely have to buy 2 armies and the rules and £150 for entry level is steep. I’m in no way saying you don’t get premium stuff for the money, and I’m considering re-mortgaging and getting two of the £250 deals as a starter, but enticing other players into a game is proving tricky at this point!
The problem is that the game needs a certain number of models to function as intended (i.e the starter army contents) due to the dropship focus (just ground units might make for a slow game!)
- D6 all the way, you won’t need anything else (other than the occasional simulated D3 roll that is)
- For shooting, it’s roll to hit (weapon accuracy occasionally +/- modifiers), then roll to damage (energy vs armour, again sometimes with modifiers). Some vehicles have passive countermeasures, so get a saving throw.
- We have a 5th race and new units planned already, but that won’t be for a while (as you say – getting ahead of ourselves a bit here, got enough on our plates for the moment!) We’d like to expand the game for years to come, so there will certainly be much more to sink your teeth into!
- The initial buildings will be undamaged, so you can add as much ‚ruination‘ as you like. We may also do ruins in future. There will be strategic options, often scenario driven
- The modular resin terrain will be out later in the year (going into moulds right now!) Can’t comment exactly on price yet, but we’ll also be doing other scenery at lower price points since buildings are important in the game and you shouldn’t have to shell out loads for them if you don’t want to!
- There may be a few more units in the future :-), also, any additional units will get free stat lines available online as soon as they’re released 🙂
- You don’t actually HAVE to have an HQ (they’re not in the starter army after all!) They are good units though, so there’s excellent reasons to field one! Army lists have a fair amount of flexibility, but you can’t field massive hordes of unsupported infantry or whole armies of fighters for example.
- Some armies have more upgrade options than others, but generally you can’t upgrade units much for now, as it’s difficult to keep track of what unit has what. This will be something for the future, where we have upgrade parts that can physically represent upgrades on the model.
- Pregenerated scenarios to start with, but each one gives you a lot of flexibility on setting, so you can radically change the way certain scenarios play out (mainly building content).
- German ditributor to be announced in the next couple of days (we do have one!) Rules previews will be available to all, not just those that have pre-ordered
Quelle: Hawk Wargames auf Facebook